Monday, October 10, 2011

Work or Home but don't settle !!

Its something that has been on my mind lately, I have an 8 to 4 job not a very satisfying job, and sometimes I even feel its a waste of time except for the paycheck of course. I day dream a lot about staying at home and hugging and kissing my 2 year old all day (its not all pink and flowery like that).

What if I just quit? what if I just don't show up to work tomorrow or better yet walk out of the office right now? (yes I am writing this from the office but during my break off course ;-) )  What would happen? Would my world crumble, would I feel dependent, am I working to satisfy myself or is it peer pressure that women have to work these days and provide. Yes I do have responsibilities, I have to pay for things like school and nanny plus my own needs and wants. Would Hubby take care of me if I stay home. Would I have my needs and my kids needs all catered for while I stay at home and take care of my family?

OK I stayed home? Would I be bored? Would I feel useless? Would I feel that all my education has gone to waste? Would I have the patience to be with my 2 year old all day? Would I be a good Mama? (Since I blame work and not having time for all my motherly screw ups)

I only have questions and lots of questions, I don't think there is a right or wrong thing to do. Both has their negative and positive and it depends upon the individual to know where will the scale tip and at what point. So no black or white, just a grey area all over. Ooh I miss pink ;-)

Good luck in whatever you decide and just do what makes you happy and don't settle. A quote from Steve Jobs, may he rest in peace.

You’ve got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.
As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.

No comments:

Post a Comment