Sunday, October 2, 2011

La Bamba, Bamboleo

Gypsy Kings Tribute Band (Bamboleo)
I have not been out for a long time, and by out I mean music and booty shaking. Sometimes you get overwhelmed with everyday life and you would forget to breathe, I heard on the radio that there is a gypsy king tribute party, called a few friends got the tickets and off I went to the party. I have to say it was great, I didn't expect it to be but it was GOOOOOD. I danced and danced and danced the night away. It was a great feeling first I was stiff and I could not get my muscles to shift(so was mainly doing the robot dance) but a few songs down the line and there was no stopping me.

Since I have not been out for a while I discovered something strange about myself, usually if a guy comes up to me and starts flirting I would be too shy to tell him to get lost. So I was sitting with my friend and I must tell you she is HOT even I find it hard to get my eyes off her sometimes ;-) (just kidding) Anyway this guy came over and my hubby wasn't around he was getting drinks, so my friend she just left me alone as soon as she saw him, to get my hubby to shooo away the slimmy guy who was acting cool, I am sure he came just for her and my brain was storming for something to get rid of coolio guy, then I just found myself telling him " Hi, but this seat is taken by the way " (what was that could'nt I come up with something better I bet my 5 year old would have had something better to say!!!!!)  The guy was a bit surprised and then he said " its ok I just want to know where are you from ?" and at that note he left I was in shock is it really that easy ?? Did I say something wrong (or right). It worked Yippie!!! even my hubby was proud of me, cause usually I end up giving my number to drunks I have no intention of seeing again for the rest of my life !! So I discovered that I am getting well street wise. So just baby steps thats all it takes.

Oooh met a co-worker at the party, seen her for the first time and she siad to hubby "She is too YOUNG for you"  that definitely sealed it with a kiss !!! So please get out there, somethings are bound to happen don't sulk at home and be tired all the time, all it takes is to set a foot out of the door and you will come back a different person.

Felt good and slept like a baby maybe from all the booty shaking though!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment