Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Office friendly packed lunch

Quinoa Aubergine Salad
I take my own packed lunch from home everyday. My packed lunch might consists of the following
  • Leftovers from the night before (e.g okra with minced meat, fish, chicken dishes)
  • Salads e.g (quinoa with aubergine and roasted pepper)
I usually eat on my desk, so on salad days usually its uneventful, on non salad days as soon as I heat up my food and start eating then I hear " Phsssst Phsssssssssst Phsst" at first I thought its a coincidence but I had non salad meals for the past 3 days and I have been hearing the sounds regularly so I ruled out the coincidence part. I am blessed with sinuses so my sense of smell is as powerful as a quarter of a human !!! 

So finally I walked by my colleagues desk and was wondering should I ask him about the sound, so I was there and before I spoke I noticed the culprit, a can of AIR FRESHENER and then it hit me, my food stinks to some people. He was actually covering the smell of my delicious homemade packed lunches!!  As soon as I realised that, I put on my best smile and asked him whether he had a pen instead. How embarrassing is that ? How long have he been spraying? And what scent has he been spraying (I couldn't guess from the back of the can)

Anyway, i felt bad for a moment but since there is no other way around this situation as our office doesn't have a place where I could eat lunch except for my desk (not that I know off anyway) I decided that there was no problem, I will keep my stinky food coming and he would just keep refilling his can. I guess its an unspoken war and a silent peace treaty. So whoever brings their stinky packs to work (I will have to concentrate on salads now) then I guess they would also have to bring a complementary can of air freshener so that the rest of the human race would not suffer with them. Kudos to that ;-)

* P.S You can find the recipe for the above great quinoa salad  here (office friendly food)